Bihar Startup Policy aims to support startups by seed funding as well as matching grants to increase their viability. The state government of Bihar provides entrepreneurs with interest-free seed money of Rs 10 lakh for a term of 10 years as part of its startup policy.
- The Bihar Startup Policy 2022 provides young entrepreneurs with a startup fund of Rs. 10 lakh that is interest-free for 10 years.
- For women entrepreneurs, the incentives are 5% enhanced. This means they will get Rs 10.5 lakh instead of Rs 10 lakh.
- For SC/ST and differently-abled startup founders, the incentive will be 15% they will receive Rs 11.50 lakh.
- 22% of the total corpus for funding start-ups shall be reserved for SC/ST beneficiaries.
Early Stage Funding Support
- Free of cost Valuation for Start-ups.
- Facilitate access to Angel Investors.
- A success fee @2% of investment shall be provided to start-ups for mobilizing investments from state registered angel investors towards early stage funding.
- If any startups joins in an accelerator program, it will also get Rs. 3 Lakh for product development and training.
Scale-up Funding Support
- The SMIC may participate in SEBI registered AIFs (Alternate Investment Funds) and Venture Capital Funds. The Venture Capital Fund so created shall invest at least 50% (i.e. equal to twice the contribution made by trust in the VC Fund) in start-ups located in Bihar.
- SMIC shall facilitate listing and public issue of Start-ups in collaboration with National Level Stock Exchanges such as BSE/ NSE.
Zero Cost for filing patents – Domestic and Foreign:
- To encourage the registration of IPRs (Intellectual Property Right) by Start-ups and provide facilitation support for protection and commercialization of IPRs, Government.
- Bear all costs associated towards filing domestic patents.
- Provide additional financial assistance in form of reimbursement for awarded foreign patents towards filing fees.
For more details contact out team at +91-7991109093 or drop email us at [email protected]
Note: This Post was last updated on December 4, 2023
Disclaimer: The entire contents of this document have been prepared on the basis of relevant provisions and as per the information existing at the time of the preparation i.e. December 4, 2023. Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy, completeness and reliability of the information provided, We assume no responsibility therefore. Users of this information are expected to refer to the relevant existing provisions of applicable Laws. The user of the information agrees that the information is not a professional advice and is subject to change without notice. We assume no responsibility for the consequences of use of such information. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGE RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE INFORMATION.