Trademark is a sign, symbol or mark used to differentiate between the goods sold by two or more manufacturers. A trademark protects your company’s identifying marks so that no other company can use them. The manufacture of goods and services are grouped into different classes. Each class requires a different registration.
Trademark is segregated in 45 different classes according to the NICE classification which is also known as International Certification of Goods and Services. Among those 45 classes, 34 classes come under Goods section and 11 classes come under Services section. Each class shows a specific category of Goods and Services.
Trademark Class 43 is for registering a trademark for food or drink services. It mainly includes the services that are provided by persons or establishments whose aim is to prepare drink and food for the consumption and services that are provided to obtain bed and board in boarding houses, hotels or other establishments that provide temporary accommodation. This class also includes reservation services for travellers’ accommodation, mainly through travel agencies or brokers, and boarding for animals.
What is Covered under Class 43?
- Temporary accommodation
- Boarding for animals
- Rental of furniture, linens and table settings
- Provision of food and drink
- And rental, hire and leasing in connection with the aforesaid, included in the class, and advice, consultancy and information for the aforesaid, included in the class
What is Not Covered under Class 43?
- Rental services for real estate such as houses, flats, etc., for permanent use
- Arranging travel by tourist agencies
- Preservation services for food and drink
- Discotheque services
- Boarding schools
- Rest and convalescent homes
List of Goods that are Classified under Class 43:
- accommodation bureaux [hotels, boarding houses]
- bar services
- boarding for animals
- boarding house bookings
- boarding houses
- providing campground facilities
- rental of chairs, tables, table linen, glassware
- rental of cooking apparatus
- day-nurseries [crèches]
- rental of drinking water dispensers
- food sculpting
- food and drink catering
- holiday camp services [lodging]
- hotel reservations
- rental of lighting apparatus*
- rental of meeting rooms
- retirement homes
- self-service restaurants
- temporary accommodation reservations
- rental of temporary accommodation
- rental of tents
- tourist homes
- rental of transportable buildings*
Note: This Post was last updated on July 5, 2021
Disclaimer: The entire contents of this document have been prepared on the basis of relevant provisions and as per the information existing at the time of the preparation i.e. July 5, 2021. Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy, completeness and reliability of the information provided, We assume no responsibility therefore. Users of this information are expected to refer to the relevant existing provisions of applicable Laws. The user of the information agrees that the information is not a professional advice and is subject to change without notice. We assume no responsibility for the consequences of use of such information. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGE RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE INFORMATION.